Sr. Policy and Communication Associate (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Senior Policy and Communication Associate will play a key role in our public relations and public affairs work in Germany and on a wider EU-level. The Senior Associate will grow the recognition of energy storage and its essential role in the energy transition, supporting Fluence’s growth objectives in the EMEA region. You will do so my leveraging our relationships with policy makers, media, industry associations, and the general public. Working in close collaboration with our policy and marketing & communication managers in Berlin and London you will be responsible for drafting compelling communication materials and collaterals and you will take operational ownership of strategic communication campaigns and targeted media and policy events. You will further support the policy, growth and communication teams in shaping critical policy positions and present them to the relevant stakeholder audiences.
· Supporting content development and launch and management of multi-channel thought leadership/Public Affairs campaigns throughout all stages from strategy building to the evaluation of the campaign output, including: drafting press releases and briefings in German and English, liaising with external and internal stakeholders and the media, among others
· Ownership for a long-term communication strategy for the German market, with the support from marketing, policy and country managers
· Developing thought leadership content, e.g blogs, social media drafts related to German market/EMEA policy matters
· Organising media and policy events in Germany and across Europe
· Manage and expand stakeholder network with media and policy makers in Germany and at the EU-level
· Observe policy environment related to Fluence’s business, peers and cross-industry developments in Germany and on EU-level and derive policy recommendations for Fluence
· Provide internal briefings and educate other teams on the impact and opportunities of political developments for Fluence business
· Analyse policy proposals and stakeholder positions and draft company’s policy positions
· Track the progress of bills and other parliamentary activity in Germany and at the EU-level
· Manage relationships with industry associations; ensure maximum output from our memberships and affiliations
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
· The preferred candidate should have a minimum of a relevant undergraduate degree, with a postgraduate degree preferred.
· Between 2-5 years of relevant experience in Public Affairs, Policy Strategic Communications or Public Relation roles, preferably in the energy industry or within governmental structures
· Possess an entrepreneurial drive for getting things done and a “whatever it takes” attitude. Exhibit a forward leaning posture, high ownership, and diligent pursuit of new opportunities
· Experience in events management and liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders
· Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required. The candidate should be capable of creating compelling arguments and communicating them to audiences composed of technical, commercial, and regulatory backgrounds.
· Efficient and creative problem-solver who is mindful of business objectives and communication styles
· Eagerness to work in a collaborative, dynamic, and team-based environment, and a mindset that views the success of the team as their own success
· Demonstrated good judgment and individual initiative. The ability to work with minimal supervision and to short deadlines
· Proven ability to learn fast; comfort with evolving priorities and juggling multiple deliverables simultaneously
· Ability to write clear, compelling copy in a range of voices, appealing to diverse audiences
· First experience in the energy or clean tech industry
· Excellent German and English skills in speaking and writing required; knowledge of additional European languages is a plus
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.