Sustainability Programs Senior Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Sustainability Program Senior Manager is a collaborative and empowered leader responsible for executing our global Sustainability & ESG projects and programs throughout the company. You will play a critical role in helping Fluence execute its Sustainability Mission. You will engage and gather alignment from a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. A successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the importance of project management processes including scheduling, budgeting, tracking, reporting, engagement, and collaboration. They will drive complex and innovated projects across Fluence.
To thrive in the position, you must be comfortable working in a fast-placed, high growth organization and enjoy leading complex projects that will drive innovation, market awareness, and stakeholder engagement. The projects you will manage will directly support the following key objectives: 1) pioneer energy storage circular economy principals 2) digitize sustainability KPIs throughout our value chain 3) expand environmental stewardship throughout our products and services.
As the Sustainability Program Director at Fluence, you will:
- Develop project roadmap and key milestones, including project scope, goals, timeline, and deliverables for a variety of complex projects.
- Coordinate with department leads to gather resources, support, and insight.
- Collaborate with projects members to create and manage a detailed implementation schedule, ensuring timely completion of tasks.
- Provide regular updates to leadership and key stakeholders on project progress, budgets and timelines, and potential risks or issues.
- Maintain accurate records of all project-related activities, including minutes and data parameters.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills including by not limited to expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI, and SharePoint.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – role will work closely with multiple departments and/or customer partners.
- Advise, promote, and represent a culture of sustainability, transparency and accountability by leading meetings, trainings, and audits to project team.
- Support corporate Sustainability and ESG programs.
- Coach and develop team members.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in business, sustainability, or construction.
- 10+ years of project management experience in large organizations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Demonstrated ability to leverage the lens of sustainability in every project or program.
- Knowledge in sustainability topics such as: end of life, circular economy, sustainable certifications, Life Cycle Analysis, GHG, and annual reporting.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience effectively communicating technical information to gather support and engagement to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated clear, concise, and succinct communicational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and gather stakeholder engagement.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.