Project Controller - Services - Americas
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Location: Hybrid within the Arlington, VA geographic area.
This position reports to the Finance Director, Service Americas and is responsible for managing and tracking all commercial and financial aspects of service contracts in the Americas. This includes driving financial and accounting compliance and oversight (Budget, review of contract's actuals, provide P&L forecast and cash forecast), ensuring adherence to commercial contract terms, executing financial and operational internal controls, driving, and managing customer contract changes and supplier claims and maintaining operational excellence. The position requires interfacing with many internal stakeholders as well as with customers, suppliers, and outside contractors.
This role requires a background in accounting & finance, including contract administration.
As the Commercial Project Manager for Service contracts, you will:
· Work closely with Areas Service Managers and Field Service Engineers to provide timely transparency around project performance against budget
· Ensure accurate project forecasts (P&L and Cash Flow),
· Incorporate known risks and opportunities
· Ensure adherence to applicable accounting guidelines
· Ensure adherence to SOX controls
· Ensure adherence to commercial terms and conditions and highlight associated risks
· Manage maintenance subcontractors and other suppliers to maintain project delivery timeline and quality; including provision of equipment, material and services needed to properly maintain the customers' assets and fullfil contractual obligations.
· Organize project reviews throughout the life of each contract
· Drive to improve project performance through change orders and supplier claims
· Review, verify and process project related transactions (purchase requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, etc.)
· Prepare, review and submit customers’ invoices
· Generate project status reports and summaries
· Understand and manage sales, property, and personal tax requirements
· Track, evaluate and work to mitigate contract penalties such as performance guarantees and liquidated damages for availability and performance shortfall.
· Work to continuously improve project execution processes
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or finance
- 5-10 years of financially managing large projects and service contracts, preferably in the energy sector, including scopes of engineering, procurement and construction and long-term services
- Advanced understanding of project accounting methods
- Advanced understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions
- Advanced understanding of project risk management requirements in the areas of insurance, securities, guarantees, liquidated damages, etc.
- Experience developing processes & effective project rhythms.
- Good working knowledge of project related activities
- Experienced in the use of NetSuite or similar systems.
- Strong background in using MS Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive management.
- Up to 25% travel as needed domestically and potentially globally.
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
In Colorado, the standard pay range for this role is $89k - 115K annually. This range is specific to Colorado and California and may not be applicable in other locations.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.