ESG Reporting Senior Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The ESG Reporting Senior Manager is a collaborative and empowered leader responsible for leading our global Sustainability & ESG reporting programs. You will play a critical role in helping Fluence execute its Sustainability Mission. You will work under the general supervision of the Director of ESG & Sustainability and will lead a small team on a day-to-day basis to drive storytelling, reporting strategy, data collection, and analysis. You will engage and gather alignment from a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The ESG Reporting Senior Manager will provide advice on global reporting trends, impacts, and best practices. A successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the importance of transparency and accountability through reporting AND the ability to view the reporting landscape from a lens of innovation and market engagement.
To thrive in the position, you must be comfortable working in a fast-placed, high growth organization and enjoy leading strategy and mentoring teams to accomplish the following key objectives: 1) lead strategy development and manage implementation that ensures reporting is engaging and innovated beyond compliance 2) build and manage key relationships 3) balance regional reporting needs with global initiatives that create lasting market value and increase sustainability awareness.
As the ESG Reporting Manager at Fluence, you will:
- Lead development of annual reporting and storytelling strategy and anticipate emerging global reporting priorities and opportunities.
- Developing and implementing global data strategy to ensure complete, actionable, and verifiable reporting.
- Manage team to ensure reporting meets customer, market, and compliance needs while driving storytelling innovation.
- Represent Fluence’s sustainability work with key stakeholders (ex. customers, industry associations, NGOs, etc.)
- Collect and provide regional feedback on global reporting and engagement strategies.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and prioritize future trends and reporting risks.
- Advise, promote, and represent a culture of sustainability, transparency and accountability by leading meetings, trainings, and audits.
- Support corporate Sustainability and ESG programs.
- Coach and develop team members.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Sustainability, Marketing, Accounting, or Finance.
- 10+ years of experience featuring management of sustainability or ESG programs in global organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and report environmental, social, and financial data for annual reporting.
- Experience conducting GHG and carbon accounting, including conducting GHG inventories and Scope 1-3 under the GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.
- Knowledge and experience with TCFD, SASB, CDP, and/or ISSB.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience effectively communicating technical information and standards including complex GHG and financial requirements to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated clear, concise, and succinct communicational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and gather stakeholder engagement.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.