Regulatory Compliance Engineer (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence, the global market leading energy storage technology company, is looking for an Energy Storage Regulatory Compliance Engineer to strengthen the Battery Energy Storage Compliance capabilities in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
The role is reporting into Fluence`s Regional Director of Sales Engineering EMEA, requiring an autonomous and pragmatic individual who has experience working in a matrixed and virtual environment, working with multiple stakeholders, on multiple projects/tasks at one time, and as part of a global team.
The role supports the regional Fluence Sales team, as well as the regional Delivery team who work across EMEA directly with developers, utilities and IPPs as well as via sales agents and channels across the region to sell or deliver our projects.
Experience within Energy Storage is an advantage but is not mandatory, an agile mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced technology led environment is essential.
The Energy Storage Regulatory Compliance Engineer will:
· Assess the regulations and rules as applicable in the markets we serve within our EMEA region and translate those into Product and project requirements
· Support regulatory compliance assessments for new markets
· Develop a deep understanding of the rules and regulations, as well as International Codes and Standards as applicable to energy storage technology platforms and provide the Sales teams, the Delivery teams as well as the Product team with regulatory support
· Develop and maintain a Compliance database for the markets we serve, identify potential gaps in existing or upcoming rules and regulations, and drive towards closing those gaps by providing input to other teams
· Capture regulatory requirements as well as customer technical and application requirements to shape product roadmaps
· Support in developing designs to meet applicable local codes and standards
· Assist in the development and management of sales tools and support materials
Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or similar technical discipline
· At least five year’s professional, in-depth work experience is required, preferred in the power industry or renewable energy sector
· Ability to translate regulatory requirements into Product and project requirements
· Relevant experience in working in a Regulatory Compliance function, preferably in energy storage, solar, power generation or renewable energy
· Knowledge of local standards, codes and regulations in UK and Ireland, Germany or Benelux
· Passion and entrepreneurial drive, ability to prioritize and execute many parallel tasks
· Strong co-ordination and communication skills
· Effective in a highly collaborative yet informally structured work environment
· Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally (expected 20% of time)
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Previous experience working with engineering or consultancy firms is a plus
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.