Product Security Lead
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Head of Product Security is responsible for leading the company's efforts to ensure the security of its products and services. Fluence solutions integrate with critical infrastructure around the world and this role is essential for building demonstrably secure and resilient products and services for our customers. This role will work closely with product teams, engineering teams, and other stakeholders to develop and implement security best practices throughout the product lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of security risks in a variety of industries, as well as experience in developing and implementing security governance programs.
As the Product Security Lead at Fluence, you will:
- Develop and implement the company's product security strategy and governance structure.
- Work with product engineering teams to embed security into their product development lifecycles.
- Develop and maintain product security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Conduct security reviews of product designs.
- Work with other stakeholders to raise awareness of security risks and best practices.
- Represent the company on security-related matters to external organizations.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience in product security, preferably in a variety of industries such as operational technology (OT), IoT, and cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS).
- Strong understanding of product security risks and best practices.
- Experience in developing and implementing security governance programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s, and preferably Master’s, degree(s) with a major in Software Engineering, Information Security, Computer Science, or a related field.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.