Grid Code Compliance Sales Engineer (m/f/d) (copy)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Legal, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence, the global market leading energy storage technology company, is looking for an Energy Storage Sales Engineer to strengthen offer management capabilities in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, with a strong focus on Germany.
The role is reporting into Fluence`s Lead EMEA Sales Engineer, requiring an autonomous and pragmatic individual who has experience working in a matrixed and virtual environment, working with multiple stakeholders, on multiple projects/tasks at one time, and as part of a global team.
The role supports the regional Fluence sales teams who work across EMEA directly with developers, utilities and IPPs as well as via sales agents and channels across the region.
Experience within Energy Storage is an advantage but is not mandatory, an agile mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced start-up technology led environment is essential.
The role can be carried out for the home office considering irregular team meetings in Fluence Erlangen Office (approx. 5% of the time).
The Grid Code Compliance Sales Engineer will:
· Assess grid codes Europe wide and determine minimum performance thresholds of the BESS
· Support in developing designs to meet applicable local codes and standards
· Develop a deep understanding of energy storage technology platforms and provide sales teams with technical support as well as product configuration guidance.
· Assist in the development and management of sales tools and support materials
· Carry out steady state simulations of BESS designs to confirm BESS design meets grid code requirements
· Work with Sales to negotiate the technical aspects of contract negotiations
· Capture customer technical and application requirements to shape product road-maps
Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or similar technical discipline (a focus on electrical power engineering is preferred)
· At least four year’s professional work experience in the power industry is preferred
· Ability to solve complex technical problems and effectively communicate results
· Experience developing technical and financial models using Excel and/or Matlab
· Experience working with power flow simulation tools such as ETAP and/or PowerFactory
· Demonstrated experience working in energy storage, inverter-based resources such as solar, wind together with network operators.
· Knowledge of local standards, European grid codes and regulations
· Passion and entrepreneurial drive, ability to prioritize and execute many parallel tasks
· Strong co-ordination and communication skills
· Effective in a highly collaborative yet informally structured work environment
· Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally (expected 10% of time)
· Fluent in written and spoken English and German
· Previous experience working with engineering firms is a plus
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.