Principal Power System Engineer Lead, Grid Study Team
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
As the Principal Power System Engineer Lead for the Grid Study Team at Fluence, you will:
- Work with stakeholders (internal, customer, consultant, regulatory etc.) to ensure grid connections are achieved end-to-end in a timely manner, including attending meetings and providing progress reports.
- Coordinate and manage technical activities within the team, estimate and allocate resources accurately to meet deadlines.
- Review and approve study results/reports carried out by team members. Define accurately the scope of simulation grid integration studies. Transfer grid code requirements to simulation cases for grid code compliance assessment.
- Support grid modelling studies performed by third parties for BESS system grid connections, including model troubleshooting and technical support.
- Undertake preliminary modelling and assessments for connection requirements in Asia-Pacific (e.g. AEMO) and provision of project-specific documents (such as performance curves, datasheets, RUGs etc.) when required.
- Leverage expertise regarding the interaction between the BESS power converter systems (PCS) and the utility/grid under a broad range of system events and operating conditions.
- Assist technical teams in maintaining and updating proprietary PPC and OEM dynamic models.
- Conduct feasibility and locational studies utilizing dynamic and grid models to identify and evaluate opportunities.
- Help shape future grid controls through model-based development of Fluence’s power plant controller and demonstrate functional & dynamic performance to meet plant-level requirements.
- Support modelling requirements and activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Ability to build and manage a team.
- Ability to manage consultants and designers in sales, design, and construction/commissioning phases across multiple projects - tier one companies valued.
- Experience in review of grid connection compliance design.
- Master's Degree in electrical engineering with emphasis on power systems or renewable energy systems and/or 7 -10 years of work experience.
- Proficient in power system analysis and control simulation tools (e.g., PSS®E, PowerFactory, PSCAD/EMTDC, MATLAB® Simulink®, PSLF) including automating using python scripting.
- Knowledge of utility grid interconnection standards, such as UL/IEEE standards, North American ISO/RTO requirements, European grid codes, AEMO (Australia).
- Experience & ability to work In a high pressure environment.
- Demonstrable track record of managing multiple projects concurrently and delivering on tight deadlines.
- NEM Australia grid connection experience, especially BESS GPS and Registration experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.