Vice President for Growth and Business Development, APAC
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About the position:
- Identify and size new and emerging opportunities for energy storage and find innovative ways to unlock new markets for energy storage. Model customer business cases and quantify differentiated value for Fluence to go after these specific market and customer segments.
- Interpret market developments, connecting to and informing sales strategy.
- Be a leading contributor to our product marketing efforts, including target segments and market sizing.
- Develop strong collaborative efforts across global sales, product, services, project delivery, customer satisfaction and other colleagues. Be a dedicated support for regional President in overall performance of the region on various aspects including sales, delivery, and services.
- Lead industry efforts to remove barriers, improve policy and regulation, and enhance the value case for energy storage.
- Educate customers and stakeholders in those markets on the benefits of energy storage. Enable transition of key customers down the sales pipeline.
- Create and implement go to market strategies to create access to specific geographic markets and customer segments for energy storage.
- Form and maintain constructive working relationships with electricity industry stakeholders, including utilities, regulators, other government officials, NGOs and customers.
- Prepare strategic regional market plans that outline approach for access to key customers and applications.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Strong knowledge of market participants, stakeholder landscape, and energy storage customer segments across the region.
- The preferred candidate should have MBA or advanced degree and demonstrate strong analytical capability.
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling/risk analysis; preferred experience either at an investment bank, IPP or utility company overseeing operations and delivering clear ideas of opportunities to increase margin, meet budget, accelerate revenue recognition etc.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required. The candidate should be capable of creating compelling arguments and communicating them to audiences internal and external.
- Demonstrated business judgment and individual initiative. The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work dynamically and cross functionally within teams spanning both the regional organization and the energy storage team in a fast-moving technical business environment.
- Possess an entrepreneurial drive for getting things done and a “whatever it takes” attitude. Exhibit a forward leaning posture, high ownership, and diligent pursuit of new opportunities.
- Ability to travel to target markets.
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.