Associate Commercial Programs (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Location: Hybrid work within the Berlin, Germany region.
The Associate, Commercial Programs will drive global efforts to develop and deploy new commercial products and commercial structures to advance Fluence’s business objectives and delight our customers. Engage with Fluence customer facing teams to understand product market gaps and kickoff manage and bring to completion the development commercial products to close those gaps.
The role will be responsible for working with Fluence deal teams and leadership to evaluate the commercial risks of all individual deals.
This role will also lead analytical efforts to measure, analyze, report on, and mitigate corporate level risks to revenue and gross margin. The energy storage industry changes on a monthly basis – this role will be crucial to meeting our commercial objectives.
This role will:
· Build and improve Excel based models to accurately display key analysis for Fluence strategic corporate risks
· Work with deal teams to evaluate and quantify the risks associated with individual hardware and software deals and communicate those risks to leadership
· Work with interdisciplinary teams to evaluate and implement new commercial products for energy storage
· Communicate with external stakeholders including customers, technology providers, and banks
· Work cross-functionally across all Fluence teams, including commercial, product, regional sales, finance, and digital
· Support key commercial initiatives that may come in a timely manner
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- The preferred candidate should have a minimum of an undergraduate degree (economics or engineering or STEM related degree); MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience in Energy with a proven aptitude for driving strategic efforts.
- Creativity and problem-solving capabilities, ability to think ‘outside the box.’
- Strong financial modeling and analytical capability – particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Strong financial analysis background, including the ability to develop financial models of cash flow, IRR, and NPV for energy storage projects.
- Background evaluating corporate and/or project-level risk.
- Possess an entrepreneurial drive for getting things done and a “whatever it takes” attitude. Exhibit a forward leaning posture, high ownership, and diligent pursuit of new opportunities.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required. The candidate should be capable of creating compelling arguments and communicating them to audiences composed of technical, commercial, and regulatory backgrounds.
- Demonstrated business judgment and individual initiative. The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- English required, additional languages a plus.
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.