Supply Chain Risk Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About this position
Location: Hybrid within Arlington VA, Alpharetta GA or San Francisco CA
The Supply Chain Risk Manager is an important participant in the Fluence Enterprise Risk Management process. The Risk Manager establishes policies, procedures, and controls to identify and address risks in the Supply Chain organization. Primarily responsibility is to drive alignment with corporate risk management activities, ensuring appropriate focus on mitigation initiatives while monitoring operational risk to ensure controls are operating effectively. The successful candidate will also have experience leading business continuity planning (BCP), including leading cross functional initiatives to mitigate risk.
· Partners with global stakeholders to develop and implement standards, processes, programs, and best practices related to risk management.
• Drive Supply Chain Management risk mitigation activities, including Enterprise Risk Management identified initiatives.
• Actively monitor supply chain and market conditions to identify new risks and determine when risk is fully mitigated.
• Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements.
• Develops and implements risk management procedures and training as needed throughout Supply Chain and supporting organizations.
• Conducts on-going reviews of the risk matrix and reports out to internal audit and the executive leadership team on status, updates, and recommended changes.
• Regularly monitor SCM controls to mitigate exposure.
• Exercise and maintain Business Continuity Plans.
What does the ideal person bring to Fluence?
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in managing risk for corporations or teams.
- Business Continuity Planning experience preferred
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills to review and analyze metrics and data (KRIs) to recommend and implement risk management solutions.
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
In Colorado, the standard pay range for this role is $108k - 135K annually. This range is specific to Colorado and California and may not be applicable in other locations.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.