Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
We seek a person passionately committed to a sustainable energy future who will help deliver Fluence Energy Storage Projects in Australia.
The Solutions Engineer will be accountable for all engineering and technical disciplines involved in the design, development, and implementation of projects. They will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. He or she will provide support and coordination to the Fluence project teams with subcontractors, including civil, electrical, and mechanical subcontractors for projects within Australia.
They will have a thorough grasp of relevant engineering issues, connection requirements, and regulatory environments and will handle several projects simultaneously.
This position will report into the Solutions Engineering Manager and will take direction from the APAC Engineering Manager in relation to Project Engineering Processes and Procedures. This role requires an autonomous and pragmatic individual who has experience working in a matrixed and virtual environment, working with multiple stakeholders, working on multiple projects/tasks at one time, and working as part of a global team.
Experience within Energy Storage is an advantage but is not mandatory, an agile mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced start-up technology led environment is essential.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests, including quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Take the lead in identifying and evaluating proposals from BOP contractors to support system integration.
- Ensure that completed systems conform to all specifications, codes, standards and customer requirements.
- Working in close cooperation with Energy Storage project and engineering teams, lead the construction site activities for battery storage projects until satisfactory completion.
- Review and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff and contractors.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forward by internal project team members, subcontractors, and customers.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- BS/BA minimum; Electrical Engineering preferred, but other fields will be considered.
- 7+ years of engineering experience.
- Experience in Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) for High Voltage Systems, Wind, Solar, or Conventional Power Generation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in resolving disagreements and distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate results.
- Ability to review contracts and technical requirements.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to prioritize and execute on many tasks in parallel.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Claudine Kaye De Villa
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.