Lead Systems Integration Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
• Lead the design and development of integrated control systems for BESS projects.
• Take ownership from concept through implementation, testing and commissioning including system architecture, control strategies, safety systems, hardware, software, network components and Cyber Security.
• Demonstrate compliance with customer requirements, regulatory requirements and system specifications considering inputs from multiple subsystems.
• Document systems design and development processes, including creating technical documentation, quality artifacts and user manuals.
• Develop and execute test plans throughout the project lifecycle and perform system-level testing to validate control system performance, safety and security to customer, industry and regulatory requirements.
• Lead technical reviews and provide guidance to project teams on design decisions.
Stay up to date with industry trends and advances in battery energy storage technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or ICT Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering and project management, with a focus on integrated control systems, battery energy storage systems.
- Outstanding technical expertise in integrated systems design, controls, cyber security and safety systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to thrive in diverse cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and industry standards for battery energy storage systems (e.g., UL 9540, IEEE 1547).
- Strong understanding of the National Electricity Rules and the National Electricity Market.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.