Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
•Support New Product Development activities from concept to ramp up production. As part of a member of the product development team, provide direction on costing, Manufacturability & Quality
•Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing advanced manufacturing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production
•Plan and implement high utilization of capital equipment across factories including but not limited to re-prioritization and reallocation (Goal is to minimize any new capital equipment)
•Develop, implement and manage the Manufacturing Plan per program charter
•Create detail Statement of Requirements for equipment purchases and validate equipment to meet manufacturing plan
•Lead Process FMEA activities to ensure process shortcomings are identified and addressed. Participate in Design FMEA activities
•Assists project manager with project planning for the Develop, Validate, and Launch phases of projects
•Develop and support new manufacturing processes required to support new technologies
•Ensure early focus on DFM and DFA in New Product Development programs
•Provide support on engineering prototype builds, pilot and production.
•Create manufacturing documentation required to support production builds. These documents include Process Flow, Control Plan, Work Instructions, Quality SPC targets, Gauge R & R and other manufacturing related documentation
•Support product transitions from the US to low cost production regions
•Manufacturing Lead on Program/Customer interface.
- Drives for Results - The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- Thinks Analytically- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions
- Drives Accountability- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
- Influences Others - The ability to persuade others to support your agenda / objectives
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Engineering or closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years with demonstrated ability to deliver products from concept to mass production
- Lean Six Sigma certifications
- Excellent influencing, negotiation skills at multiple organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills and ability to form opinions based on data aggregation. Must be able to analyze complex program requirements, identify key phases & workstreams
- Well organized, displaying clear, rational and analytical approach to problem solving and planning using tools like Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to create proof of concepts using aforementioned tools
- Remains calm under pressure and has the ability to find creative and pragmatic solutions
- Willing to look for / explore new solutions or methods
- Flexibility to travel to multiple Fluence locations nationally and internationally on a regular basis.
#LI Onsite #Bangalore
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.