Senior Solution Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
•Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering activities.
•Cooperate and communicate effectively with the relevant project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
•Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
•Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
•Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
•Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
•Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
•Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests, including quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
•Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
•Take the lead in identifying and evaluating proposals from BOP contractors to support system integration.
•Ensure that completed systems conform to all specifications, codes, standards and customer requirements.
•Working in close cooperation with Energy Storage project and engineering teams, lead the construction site activities for battery storage projects until satisfactory completion.
•Review and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff and contractors.
•Answer questions and resolve issues brought forward by internal project team members, subcontractors, and customers.
•Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- The successful candidate will have a minimum 5-10 years relevant experience in an energy, engineering and/or battery storage related field. An ability to interact in a multicultural environment, travel and to work under pressure are also very important.
- In addition, qualified candidates will have:
- BE/B Tech minimum; Electrical Engineering preferred, but other fields with relevant industry experience will be considered.
- Min 5-10 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) for High Voltage Systems, Wind, Solar, or Conventional Power Generation. Having knowledge of Grid connected Battery Energy Storage system will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills needed to develop and manage a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in resolving disagreements and distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate results.
- Ability to review contracts and technical requirements.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to prioritize and execute on many tasks in parallel.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.