Contract and Claims Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Contract and Claims Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day claims management and negotiation for Fluence projects in the APAC region. The Contract and Claims Manager is a valued and trusted partner of both the customer and the project team, increasing business performance, reducing project risks, and enhancing the reputation of our business. The Contract and Claims Manager will work with Project Managers, Commercial Project Managers and report to Director Contract and Claims Mangement APAC.
To succeed in the role, the candidate must be self-motivated, ambitious, organized, possess strong time management skills, attention to detail and a sense of urgency for critical deadlines. We are looking for a self-starter who has the ability to work independently as well as a member of project teams. Candidates must possess strong forensic capabilities and be skilled in accepted methods of quantifying both delays and damages on large multidisciplinary construction projects. The role requires flexibility in working hours as Fluence delivers projects in time zones throughout the APAC region.
- BS/BA in an engineering discipline (Electrical Preferred).
- Specialized experience in claims negotiation for engineering / construction projects.
- Strong knowledge on contracts and contractual notices (interpretation, drafting)
- Minimum of 5 years of dispute resolute and claims withing the vertical construction industry experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction program management (i.e., budgeting, job costing, procurement and contract management).
- Understanding of accounting practices required for financial performance of a construction project.
- Ability to solve complex contractual and technical problems and communicate results.
- Experience with tools like Salesforce, NetSuite, PowerBI.
- Strong communication management related to Contracting – regular follow-ups with notifications, responses to client/vendor notifications.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with a strong customer mindset.
- Demonstrated ability working in a matrixed and global organization.
- Knowledge of applicable local standards, codes and regulations in Asia (preferred)
- Required travel: 30%
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.