Sr. Project Engineer (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2022
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence is looking for a Senior Project Engineer, to strengthen its Solution Engineering capabilities in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa). The role is reporting into Fluence`s Director of Solution Engineering EMEA and working in a team with the assigned project managers for various projects.
Key Responsibilities Include
· Manage external engineering firms, subcontractors and as well as internal engineering disciplines (civil, electrical, network, permitting) to meet on time, on budget, and high-quality completion of project deliverables.
· The candidate will be responsible for ensuring deliverables meet contractual requirements, are build-able, and that country / regional impacts to design / cost are considered by engineering functions.
· Manage internal and external design review meetings and verify compliance with the Fluence internal quality program certified to ISO 9001.Drive a culture of value engineering and encourage innovation and innovative approaches for best in class system design
· Support Project Procurement by developing construction and electrical equipment specifications and performing technical reviews of vendor and subcontractor technical proposals.
· Review internal and subcontractors design to ensure compliance with project requirements and contractual obligations.
· Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, but other fields will be considered.
· 10+ years professional work experience with design of Power Systems for utility installations, PV plants, Battery Storage Systems in the EMEA Region
· Experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) for High Voltage Systems, Wind, Solar, or Conventional Power Generation.
· Familiarity with applicable codes, standards and regulations used in EMEA Region.
· Experience within the Energy Storage business is beneficial.
· Eager to be part of a fast-growing company and to be a leader in a rapidly developing part of the power sector.
· Ability to manage a several projects with time-sensitive project deliverables simultaneously and deliver them on time and budget, and to the satisfaction of the customer.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment.
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Willingness to travel up to 20%
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.