(Jr.) Electrical Engineer (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Tuesday, July 5, 2022
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence is looking for a Junior Electrical Engineer, to strengthen its Electrical Engineering capabilities in the EMEA region. The role is reporting into Fluence`s Manager of Civil and Electrical Engineering Group EMEA and supporting the team on various projects.
Key Responsibilities Include
· Supporting on the development and design of electrical drawings like Single Line Diagrams, Schematics and other Wiring Diagrams for Battery storage systems
· Supporting on the preparation of Short Circuit, Load Flow and Arc Flash documentation
· Supporting on quality control of all deliverable within the scope of Engineering
· Supporting on the preparation of electrical equipment specifications, data sheets, purchase requisitions and bid evaluations for inverters, switch gears, transformers and other equipment as required.
· Perform electrical design duties associated with project scope of work
· Technical review of documents provided by vendors
· Assist in preparation of power system cost estimates and definition scopes of work for project design and study proposals
· Work closely with the Senior Engineers to provide deliverable to a variety of projects
· Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in electrical engineering, preferred with a focus on electrical power engineering
· Practical experience with design of Power Systems for utility installations, PV plants, Battery Storage Systems in the EMEA Region is a plus
· Experience with the Electrical System design, System Studies, Relay Coordination, Protection & Control is beneficial
· Knowledge of grounding practice, HV and LV, design and study is beneficial
· Familiarity with applicable codes, standards and regulations used in EMEA Region
· Be flexible and agile with the ability to manage change
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Knowledge and Experience using some of the following applications: MS-Office; Power System Study programs like ETAP, DIgSILENT PowerFactory, Simaris is beneficial
· Willingness to travel up to 20%
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.